Your Confusion Ends Here !!
While the addition of a puppy to your family is one of life's most exciting adventures, it can also be overwhelming to find and understand what essential tools you will need for the successful training of a balanced dog.
Canine obedience schools often recommend some version of an active collar, a specific leash length, and so on. Rarely do you ever actually get trained on how to effectively and safely use these tools.
We at Swissridge, with the expert advice of head trainer Lucas Mucha, have designed a set of products, which when packaged together will provide you every tool you need to train your growing pup.
The Ultimate Training Set includes the following items (1 harness, 1 drag leash, 1 SwissRidge Ultimate Collar, 1 walking leash, 1 long line, 1 slip lead).
Please select your Ultimate Leash Package based on the appropriate size harness for your puppy. The Leash Package includes a harness that fits your puppy when it is young and the ultimate collar that will fit your puppy when it is approximately 6 months old and leash pressure is ready to be taught.
SMALL PACKAGE - harness will fit dogs 4-13lbs, neck 7"-11", girth circumference (widest part around abdomen) 12"-18".
MEDIUM PACKAGE - harness will fit dogs 10-22lbs, neck 11"-13", girth circumference (widest part around abdomen) 15"-20".
LARGE PACKAGE - harness will fit dogs 20-50lbs, neck 12"-17", girth circumference (widest part around abdomen) 20"-27".
** please ensure you tighten all straps of the harness for the tightest, safest fit **
We also offer an online training course on the fundamentals of dog training. This course teaches how to effectively teach leash pressure as well as how to teach your dog basic obedience training. If you are interested in taking this course please contact us : email@example.com
- to be used on young puppies (8 weeks - 6 months) - before leash pressure has been taught.
2) Drag Leash - 5', no handle
- Use the drag leash with the harness on young puppies.
Provides the ability to control your dog when redirection of unwanted behaviors is needed within your home.
Allows you to quickly interrupt unwanted behaviours and reinforce appropriate behaviours.
This 5' light leash with no handle (so it doesn't get caught under or around furniture) will gradually be cut shorter as the dog becomes more trustworthy around the home. When the drag leash is cut down to 2', you will transition to the grab lead.
3) Swissridge Ultimate Training Collar
The Swissridge Ultimate Training Collar has been designed to combine all of the benefits of the side release martingale and volhart collars, while providing the ability to grow with your pup.
By attaching your leash to the "free" outside ring, your collar will provide an easy, safe and effective way to teach leash pressure to your dog. Once leash pressure is taught you can use this collar for everyday walks. The strong side release buckle is a much needed functionality for the squirmy and excited dogs! This collar is easily adjustable so that the proper fit can be achieved.
4) Walking leash – 5’
- A beautifully designed walking leash made from soft and flexible material that is durable, as well as easy to hold and clean.
- Attaches to the SwissRidge harness or SwissRidge ultimate collar.
5) Grab Leash (future product, not currently included and price does not reflect this product)
- This short grab leash is introduced after the work has been done with the longer drag leash and the drag leash is now 2' long (keep the 2' leash in case you need to step back in the training).
- The grab leash is perfect around your home as it will not drag on the ground. It has a non-slip handle made for good grip and is perfect for behaviour reinforcement in a more trustworthy dog.
6) Long Line 15' - no handle
- Used for training recall. Allowing you to create a safe-distance boundary outside.
- Can also be used as a tool in more advanced obedience training with a reliable dog for transitioning to off-leash privileges.
7) Rope Slip Lead - 5'
- Slip leads are a great tool to use for training, for quick transport from the home to the car, or from the car to any other adventure. Simply slip the lead over your dog's head, slip the tab down to secure the loop around your dogs neck and the leash functions as a collar + leash.
There is a learning curve that comes with the understanding and use of these products. Please educate yourself before you use them. They are to be used only under strict supervision and are never to be left on an unattended dog. Swissridge cannot be held responsible for user error or product misuse.
The Long line, walking lead, drag lead and SwissRidge ultimate collar are made from top of class, flexible, soft, durable, strong and waterproof strapping. Originally developed for police dog training equipment and equine use.
Small leash packages comes with an xx-small harness (that fit pups 4-13lbs), a Swissridge Ultimate Collar (10-13") that you will use on your puppy when it gets a bit older and leash pressure has been taught, long line, drag leash, walking leash and slip leash. The small package will fit most tiny goldendoodles and tiny bernedoodles (8-16 weeks of age) with a full grown weight of 25lbs max.
Medium leash package comes with an x-small harness (that fits pups 10-22lbs), a Swissridge Ultimate Collar (13-16") that you will use on your puppy when it gets a bit older and leash pressure has been taught, long line, drag leash, walking leash and slip lead. The medium package will fit most Australian Bernedoodles, Australian Goldendoodles, Mini Goldendoodles, Mini Bernedoodles, standard Bernedoodles, standard Goldendoodles and Golden Mountain doodles (8-14 weeks of age).
Large leash package comes with a small harness (that fits pups 20-50lbs), a Swissridge Ultimate Collar (13-16") that you will use on your puppy when it gets a bit older and leash pressure has been taught, long line, drag leash, walking leash and slip lead. The large package is for large Australian Bernedoodles, Standard Bernedoodles, Standard Goldendoodles and Golden Mountain doodles (15+ weeks old).
Check your pups measurements before ordering and message us if you have questions. We can also fit your puppy with a harness at the kennel to make sure it is the right fit and have it ready for pickup or have it shipped. If you prefer this please contact us.